A Love Story

I know what you are thinking. You are probably thinking this is going to be a story about how much I love my wife...well it's not. You might be thinking that this is a story about how much my wife loves me. It probably should be. I'm a complete package...I'm dashing, I have huge muscles, I am smart as a whip with an amazing sense of humor, and I am incredibly humble. She is one lucky girl. You will be surprised to find out that this is not about how much she loves me, although she does because I am amazing. This is a story about new love.

You might be surprised to find out that I have found another. You might be surprised to find out that Brenda has found another also. Before you get your hair all in a tizzy, let me explain. I have met a slender drink of water with curves in all the right places and an interesting history. Brenda met a tall, dark, and mysterious something or other. I am happy about my new love but I am not too sure how I feel about Brenda with lust in her eyes for another.

These new loves aren't what you are thinking they are. Brenda doesn't have her sites set on another boy and I don't have my sites set on another girl, but rather we have been smitten by these slot canyons that we have been exploring. Twists and turns, ups and downs, excitement and fear. It's just like a new and exciting relationship that is just starting. We can't tell if we are truly in love with these canyons or if is just the lust and excitement from something new to us. Whatever it is, we are having the time of our lives. We have explored 8 canyons in the last 10 days and have enjoyed each one immensely. They are all different, each with their own personalities, different obstacles, different colors, different lighting, and different rock formations. We can't seem to get enough.

The Escalante region and southern Utah as a whole has tons and tons of these things. There are enough in the region that we could spend a month exploring and not see them all...and we would like to see them all. They are fascinating to us. There are ancient pictographs in some and dinosaur bones in others. Some are completely dry (until a flash flood) and others have a constant stream of water that continuously carves away at the walls. They are an ever changing bit of scenery that is as dramatic as anything that we have ever seen. We love them.


I am not sure if we will tire of them before too long. It's hard to tell. We are still in the beginning phase of this relationship. At this point, they can do no wrong. All of their little imperfections are lost on our gazes of admiration. We don't seem to mind driving for hours in the desert, hiking for miles while carrying heavy loads of gear, or squeezing through tight little openings...just for the chance to hang out with our new loves for a bit.  

Brenda is working her way over an obstacle and up to a squeeeeeeeeeeeze




Brenda working her way over another obstacle 

That's me under an amazing arch that is tucked away in one of these canyon pockets


We took a quick detour to see "big bend"




Comments

  1. I a enthralled. You've found a place I barely knew existed. Wonderful! Please be careful it doesn't kill you!

    Australia appears to be the water equivalent of your new love. Lots of beautiful places that have things that will kill you. You should come here after your divorce with land travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the stories and pictures! Absolutely GORGEOUS! Keep 'em coming! Love you both ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Double Birthday and the Italian Connection

Balls Hot

The Garnet Ghost Town