6 Month Recap

We were just looking at a calendar and noticed that we are coming up on another anniversary. This one is a big one. In a couple of days it will have been 6 months since we left Seattle to head out on our big adventure. 6 months is a pretty good amount of time for a vacation. In the 6 months that we have been gone, a lot has happened and a lot has stayed the same. One of the things that has stayed the same is the fact that I still love lists. In my working life, I made lists everyday because that seemed to be the only way I could get everything done that needed to happen on any given day. I looked at numbers and spreadsheets daily. I read statistics and useless facts that wouldn't matter to any other individual but me...and I kind of enjoyed those things. Numbers and useless facts and statistics have always fascinated me and since I don't really have anything super exciting to write about, I am going to share some of the stats and facts from the last 6 months. I guess what I'm saying is that it's time for a recap.

Before I share this list of useless information with you, I am going to share something else. Since we left those 6 big months ago, I have been feeling somewhat guilty about the fact that we are out enjoying ourselves everyday while you, our dear friends and family, have been stuck at work reading about our adventures while sitting in your cubicle with fluorescent lights buzzing over your head that are sucking the life out of you. I have sometimes had a bit of a hard time writing because I felt like you may feel like we were bragging or rubbing it in your fluorescent-light-soaked-face. I hope that's not how you feel and I hope you understand that we wish you were here with us...playing around, seeing the sites, and having a great time. Because at this point, my guilty feelings have started to wain and now I am feeling pretty proud of ourselves for pulling this little stunt off. It has truly been a great 6 months and we can't wait to see what the next 6 will bring.

Here are the stats in no particular order:

1,288 miles walked/hiked

4 pairs of shoes worn out

2 backpacks worn out

1,421 miles traveled by sailboat

264 miles traveled by pedal power (bikes)

10 states visited

2 countries visited

11 National Parks visited

18 National Monuments visited

7 days is the longest amount of time a box of Cheez-its has survived in our possession

4 hours is the shortest amount of time a box of Cheez-its has survived in our possession

62 islands have been set foot on by us

2 bears spotted

182 dolphins spotted

146 pounds of fish caught, shared, and consumed (minus 2 pounds used as bear bait)

4 bottles of sunscreen used up

6 ghost towns visited

18 degrees is the coldest night we've had in Escalante, Utah

104 degrees is the hottest day we've had in Phoenix, Arizona

14 canyons explored

200 feet of rope purchased to rappel into the deepest of those canyons

1 new home on wheels purchased

8 cans of nacho cheese (with jalapenos) eaten by Brenda

1,499 mosquitoes killed by Brenda the mosquito hunter (she is proud of that number...you're welcome)

64 places we have seen that could be the coolest place on earth

1 mountain lion has stalked us (that we know about)

76 is the average age of our neighbors when staying in a RV park

4 is dinner time for our RV neighbors

6 is bed time for our RV neighbors

188 times our RV neighbors have said “I wish I would have played around at your age instead of waiting till I was 65”

1,654 pictures of rocks

466 selfies taken

26 pounds of coffee consumed

1,424 is the average number of texts Brenda sends to her girly friends back home every month

14 is the average number of texts Brenda sends me every month to remind me that she likes gifts

20 is the number of dollars I gave to Dan to keep us in his Lottery pool...unfortunately we are still waiting for the big win

4 swimming pools swam in

4 swimming pools peed in

4 swimming pools kicked out of (I didn't know you were supposed to be in the pool to pee in it)

0 is the number of times we wished we were still working

8 is the average time we get out of bed in the morning

3 naps in 6 months...sad but true

164 times we have wished for a better camera

1 new camera just purchased

2 weeks is the longest we have stayed in one spot (Escalante)

1 night spent in a Walmart parking lot

2 broken fingers (both mine)

628 times that I have told Brenda “we should get some bacon”

1 souvenir purchased...a t-shirt in Montana

So that's it in a nutshell.  Pretty exciting stuff.  We are now working our way back to Mesa, Arizona to have Thanksgiving with my Brother and his family.  It should be a good time with way too much food...just how I like it.

Sedona

The ghost town of Chloride 

Brenda at Red Rocks near Vegas

Bryce Canyon

Comments

  1. You need to add a line to your "To Do" list. Number three is always "take a Nap"

    We are really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Double Birthday and the Italian Connection

The Garnet Ghost Town

Balls Hot