The Gale and The Ham

Twas the night before Thursday, and all through the boat, not a creature was stirring, not even a goat.
It was half past midnight, when all came undone, the lack of sleeping that was happening, was nowhere close to fun.
Up through the rigging, came a whiz and a whir, that woke this girl and boy from sleeping, it caused quite a stir.
We sprang from our beds, we dashed out to see, still dizzy from slumber, what oh what could it be.
Of course the panties were off, the clothes didn't matter, we looked around to see, if we should haul up the anchor and scatter.
The anchor was holding, our neighbors were still there, we took a peek through the binoculars, but didn't spot a bear.
We decided to wait, till the sun it was shining, to leave our little bay, because for now I was whining.
“Oh why oh why, would you wake me from dreaming?”, this little storm in the night, it had me screaming.
The wind and the waves, they got bigger and badder, the wind and the waves, they made me so much madder.
I love my beauty sleep, it keeps me looking great, but no sleep tonight, means my good looks will have to wait.
The sun finally came, but it took a long while, when I could finally see, then I could finally smile.
For we have a good boat, that loves the wind and the sea, but for now you'll have to wait, because I have to go pee.......(waiting for me to pee).......
And now that I'm back, you'll have to wait no more, don't worry about my hands, I washed them before I was out the bathroom door.
But back to the story, I'm sure you want to know, where oh where, oh where did we go.
We had quite a few choices, we had no where to be, and I can continue this story, because I have already peed.
We could go North we could go South, we could go East or we could go West, which way should we go, which way would be best.
We chose a path that was far, a path that was Southeast, because I wanted to sail, I like motoring the least.
We saw 34 knots of wind, and it was right on the nose, that much wind in the sails, it will keep you on your toes.
We held on tight, we reefed down the sails, this was more than a little blow, this little blow was a gale. We pounded up wind, we had saltwater spray in our faces, our sturdy little ship, she was put through the paces.
But I'm not going to lie, I was having some fun, because this little gale, it came with some sun.
Normally a gale, comes with some wind and some rain, normally a gale, they can be such a pain.
Since I was having fun, I had a smile on my face, and our boat was on her ear, because she loves to race.
But there was no one else to race, no other boater was out, the lack of a challenger, that just made me pout.
Maybe they were scared, after listening to the weather, whatever the case may be, I guess it just doesn't matter.
While I was battling the weather, “Aaaarrrrgg!” was said more than once, while Brenda was down below, making us some lunch.
This pirate loves some bacon, his wife she does not, if you guess what was for lunch, I'll tell you bacon it was not.
It was quinoa and kale, and other stuff that's good for you, because there was no bacon or cookies, it made this pirate feel blue.
Quinoa and kale and stuff that's good for you tastes great, but I'll tell you what else it's not, it's not a big fat juicy steak.
But now I'm off topic, I'm starting to wander, my minds on steak and bacon, it's making me ponder. Let's get back to the story, the story at hand, because for once in a long while, we had somewhat of a plan.
We needed parts for the boat, not parts to make her faster, but parts to make water, a water maker hose is what we were after.
There is a town you may have heard of, it's called the Ham by me, Bellingham is the town, and we could get there by sea.
In the Ham they have a store, a store that makes specialty hoses, and sometimes we like to be in a city, sometimes for small doses.
8 hours after we hauled anchor, we arrived at the Ham, even though sailing through a gale, was never part of our plan.
We had spray in our faces, we had water crashing on deck, there were steep and ugly seas, I even sunburned my neck.
But now that we were safe in the Ham, and our specialty hoses were made, it was time for some fun, it was time for us to play.
We saw live music and ate out, and we walked till my feet bled, “enough of the walking!”, is what I finally said!
The bands they were great, and the food was good too, we are having fun at the Ham, is what I'm telling you.
So today we went walking, because that is what we do, we went walking and walking, looking for something new.
We found the farmer's market, and a coffee shop that was great, hopefully for dinner, this pirate finds a steak.
Tomorrow we'll move on, to where we don't know, but tomorrow we'll move on, tomorrow we'll go.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Double Birthday and the Italian Connection

The Garnet Ghost Town

Balls Hot